How to Complete Identity Verification (KYC)
1. What is Identity Verification (KYC)?
Identity verification is a procedure to prevent abuse of the BTCC platform by malicious users. It is to provide users with a safe a secure trading environment, ensuring the security of our users’ accounts. You are strongly recommended to complete identity verification on BTCC.
2. How to Complete Identity Verification (KYC) on the BTCC app
Open your BTCC app and tap at the top left corner on the Home page.
On the account setting page, tap Identity Verification. Then click Continue to begin the identity verification process.
Please select the country of issue of your identity document. Then please select your identity type and upload all the required information.
3. Identity Verification (KYC) FAQs
🤔 Do I have to verify my identity?
Users who do not complete identity verification (KYC) on BTCC will not be able to buy crypto using debit/credit cards on the BTCC platform.
The single withdrawal limit will be affected too. Users without completing KYC will be limited to withdraw not more than 50 USDT (or other equivalent amounts in USDC, BTC, ETH, XRP, ADA, or LTC) per withdrawal.
However, features such as trading, market widget, and deposits are not affected by the user’s identity verification status.
Q1: What are the documents required to complete KYC?
To complete KYC, the following documents are required 👇
1. ID Document
- A photo of your ID Document (Passport, National ID, Driver’s Licence, or Residence Permit)
- All uploaded documents must be valid (not expired).
- Please look straight at the camera when taking a selfie. Please make sure the photo shows your face clearly.
- The selfie must be a photo taken of yourself, but not a photo of a picture.
Q2: How long does it take for the KYC review to complete?
Under normal circumstances, the review for identity verification usually takes 30 minutes to complete (after all required documents have been uploaded).
If the review takes more than 30 minutes, please get in touch with our customer support via 🎧 Live Chat for assistance.
Q3: Why did my KYC fail?
Possible reasons for KYC failure 👇
1. The system detected there is a different account using the same identity information you submitted. Please note that BTCC only allows one account per person.
2. While taking a selfie, the user did not look straight at the camera.
3. The identity document uploaded was cropped or not clear, or the document was not valid (expired).
If you encounter the above issues, you may get in touch with our customer support via 🎧 Live Chat for assistance.